Saturday, June 22, 2013

Day 8 - Shelton, CT to Gorham, Maine

Today we left from Shelton, CT and drove to Gorham, Maine by way of Hampton Beach, NH. We stopped in Hampton Beach and everyone had some free time to check out the beach which is on the Atlantic Ocean, eat lunch and spend time on the boardwalk. From there we went to Portland Head Lighthouse, Maine. We played our concert at Cressey Road UMC in Gorham, Maine, home of one of our former associate pastors,  Rev. Handi Jo Dolloff-Holt. Dinner was delicious, the hosts were so friendly, and there was even a customized cake for dessert.
Hampton Beach

Portland Head Lighthouse, Maine




Notes from the Ringers:



The boardwalk in Hampton Beach was amazing! That was my favorite place we’ve been to so far. I walked down the entire beach and walked all the way back up through the little shops and stuff. They were having a giant sandcastle contest that was incredible. The water was a perfect temperature and the people at the beach were awesome. I had a couple random conversations with people. I got scallops for lunch and they were the best I’ve ever had. The suburbs around the beach were adorable! I would love to live in them. Josh Fox and I are already planning a return trip, because an hour and a half wasn’t enough time for this amazing place.  – Alec

              
The Portland Head Lighthouse was really cool. We walked along the trail on the rocks below the lighthouse. Sadly, a tour of the lighthouse museum cost money, so we didn’t get to go into the lighthouse but it was still really cool to see the lighthouse. The view of the ocean was beautiful, Maine is the prettiest state I have ever been to and I definitely want to go back some day.  –Shannon L.


I loved the boardwalk on Hampton beach, I spent the entire time walking around with Alec and Josh on the beach. There was some really yummy food and a really cool sand castle building contest. I also cut my foot on a rock and didn’t realize it until we had been walking in the sand for a while but we got that all fixed up and we went to a very pretty light house and I took a lot of pictures. Maine is so pretty and I can’t wait to come back and see more of it! –Bobbie

No comments: