Sunday, June 26, 2022

 The Wesley Bell Ringer 2022 Summer Tour Day 16

Boise, ID to SLC, UT.     Home Concert 7:30 p.m.! 



June 26, 2022

Day 16- Home Concert!

Today we journey from Boise, ID to Salt Lake City, UT for the home concert. Thank you to all of the families and members of CUMC who have given us your support and love! It was a very successful and fun tour and it was really fun to play at home for alumni and friends! Thank you also to Katie for her amazing leadership, directing, and love for the choir!!!

After a few pictures please see ringer final blog posts reflecting on the bell experience and tour below.

Rest stop break on the way home
Lunch stop
The bus is unloaded and departs

Practice before the concert

Our home concert!

Our guest of honor, Ed Duncan made it to the concert. It was great to see him!


Ringer Blogs Reflecting on Tour 2022

Tour this year was such a treat. I have made so many new memories with new people this year and it made my tour experience 10 times better. It also has been a couple years since we have been on the road, and it just reminded me how much I had missed EVERYTHING about tour and the choir. The food, the hotel nights, and host homes were amazing and just made tour more vibrant. I loved tour this year and all the people I went on it with.

Jasmine

I had such an amazing time traveling the west coast. I saw so many new sights and cities. My favorite part was the amazing Oregon tide pools where we got to see starfish, muscles, crabs, and other cool animals. These people make me so happy and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. This was a trip none of us will forget.

Natalie 

 

I was very excited to go on tour this year, but the west coast exceeded my expectations. I loved getting to spend time with some of my closest friends exploring this part of the country and getting to see such beautiful scenery. At the end of most days, I loved getting to perform and see the look on people's faces as they watched us. Every night I was able to pick out people gazing in awe or smiling at their favorite parts. It made me so happy to get to see the impact that the music has on people and hear our program get better as we performed.

Andi


Tour has been such a treat. We have made so many fun memories. Alcatraz and Pier 39 were awesome in San Francisco. MOPOP was cool in Seattle. Super nice, awesome groups of ringers, too. Friday Harbor was cool as well as so many fun things we did on this trip.

Carter R


After waiting through two years with no proper tour, it has been a blast to be back on the road, traveling to one of my favorite regions in the country. All the people were super nice and welcoming, and we played consistently good concerts, which was a great way to kick back into the tour spirit. By far, my favorite days of tour had to have. been the ones spent on the San Juan Islands. The beautiful scenery, the fun people, the spectacular animals, it was truly a paradise that I don't think I would have ever visited if it were not for tour. To anyone reading this, join bells! Go on tour! It is truly and unforgettable experience with some amazing people.

James




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good work everyone! We have enjoyed reading about your adventures. Thanks for the blog posts and thanks for the wonderful music. WBR ❤️

mdfam said...

Thank you chaperones, driver, and Katie for taking our ringers on tour and returning them safely! Thanks, also, for documenting all the adventures with photos and blog posts!