Monday, June 20, 2011

Reflections on being a Wesley Bell Ringer

When I first joined bells, I won't lie, I was extremely nervous. What will it be like? Will I fit in? Or will I even have fun? When I started my first day, I was scared. But as I kept coming back and experiencing what bells is, I really enjoyed it! At first, I had to highlight my notes because I had no idea what to do. Now I don't have to do that and I get my notes right 99% of the time. I have made some true friends. The choir is like my second family. I can go to them for everything. The first time I found out how close everyone is was when we were grieving for Andy. I'd met her once, but that was all. And it was cool to me to see how much everyone loved her. The sad thing was she didn't notice the love around her. To me it is good to know how much everyone really loves each other. We love each other as a family! Since we've been on tour I've had so much fun. Performing is exciting, to say the least. You get the greatest feeling when you know you've played your best. I've loved hanging out with everyone and I've definitely learned to not get annoyed with people in such a small space. It's been overall one of the best experiences of my life! There is a bond growing between me and the choir that I'd never give up for anything.
Jessica Stanley, first year ringer

No comments: