Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Reflections from the Ringers - the First Years

June 25th

It's time for something a little different. I'll post the usual daily update for Day 11 later on, but in the meantime, here's some thoughts about the tour in the ringer's own words. For this post, it's the First Year ringers.  I asked them to answer the question 

How is tour different from what you expected?

Here are their answers:

Tour is different than what I expected because I actually thought that the people that would host us would typically have small houses or not very much room but the majority of the houses that have hosted us have been fairly large. Also the churches down south are very big and i kind of thought that most Methodist churches would be fairly small.
-Gabe Dabling

you become very close with everyone. its fun to get to know everyone and stuff, and its fun to see all these cool places.
-Lizzie Steele

Tour has been almost what i expected it to be because my brother and my mom told me a lot about tour, so i knew what to expect. One thing though was that some of the kids and my mom told me some host homes are not that good, but all my host homes have been really well.
-Colton Pulver

I expected tour to be a series of long bus ride with a concert every single night. I was wrong however. I got to see things many people don't see until they're older for example the kennedy museum and the french quarter. there are still concerts almost every night but they are more fun than just riding on a bus. It's like a big party when everyone is awake. I love being on tour and I will return to bell next year.
-Madi O'Neal

I did not expect to be this tired and sleep on the bus as much as I do. Before I left, I thought that I would occasionally nap, but definitely not sleep every day, but I was WAY wrong. I sleep every day, whenever I get a chance. Also, I expected to be doing more driving through cities instead of rural areas, but in reality it is the opposite. Most of the time spent driving so far has been on rural highways.
-Emma Allison

1 comment:

FoX said...

Welcome to the choir first years! Until you have experienced it first hand there is no way to understand what tour is about.

Good luck in the homestretch, wish I could see you guys in SLC...

-Z-