Saturday, June 27, 2009

Through the years...

In the middle of tour 09', the ringers started to stitch these cross-stitched bells and hearts. Pretty much everyone made one of these cross-stitched works of art, but I was lazy and didn't think it was worth my time. As all the people around me on the bus pushed me and pushed me into making one, I finally started. As I think about it, I realize that this piece of art isn't just a thing to do on the bus to pass time, but a keepsake that can be kept forever. This would help bring back (Josh says Hi...) fun memories from the trip, like going to the Oregon coast or playing a very good concert and seeing the expressions on the director's face. I haven't quite finished yet, but I can’t wait to see the outcome. -Mike (sophomore)

For the last four years of my life I have been involved in an organization that is overly caring and so supportive it feels like an entire family feeling. Also I can never wait to go to bell practice to see all my buddies even though they feel more like brothers and sisters. I get ecstatic when tour starts because on tour I've gained everlasting and fulfilling friendships that will last for the rest of life. Being a senior in the choir is so much fun because you learn how (Josh says Hi.....again) to be a leader and be able to pick people up when they fall because I've been picked up when I have fallen in the past. This choir means the world to me and I hope after I'm gone it will grow and prosper forever.
- A.J. Jolley (senior)

Being 19, I have participated in this choir for over a quarter of my lifetime, five years. (Josh still says hi) Finishing up my last tour ever has been a bittersweet experience, knowing that these experiences seemed they would never end four years ago are now in the final stages. This year's choir is young, with 11 new kids, and watching them through the year has brought back so many memories, in all of these teenagers I can see myself and watching them mature has shown me just how much this organization has helped me grow up. Within this group I have learned more about true friendship, humanity, and living life than anything else. Through the best and worst times I have always had this family to help me along. I was brought up following the good examples of those older than me that I looked up to, and I hope that these last couple years I have been able to return this example to the organization. I know that I will miss all of these kids, but I also know that I have memories for a lifetime with all of them that bring us close even after we are gone. Goodbye WBR, I will miss you.

-Zach- (super senior)


When Mike came back and told me I had to write something on the blog, I had absolutely no idea what I was going to write about. Shortly after he told me, Greg stole my cell phone, Jon poked at me about 25 times, and I found out that someone had locked the memory card to my camera. So, I decided to talk about my second family on the bus. Bells has, since my first year, been like a second family for me, but this year it has seemed to me to be especially so. I now have 23 brothers and sisters on the bus, who sometimes bother me, who pull at my toes and steal my stuff, and who sometimes don't seem to understand the concept of quiet time. I have siblings who sleep a lot, who don't ever seem to sleep, and who try to stuff plastic squeaky toys on their heads. And I love them all. Like most families, we argue sometimes, but we also care for each other as if we really were a blood family. It's a feeling I've never felt in any other group, and it's something that truly sets this choir apart from every other group.
~Becca~ (junior)
Oh. And Josh says hi.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI JOSH

Anonymous said...

hi josh i saw you on the 20th :)